Understanding the position of Māori in the economy and labour market
Infometrics Māori profiles provide a detailed insight into the position of Māori in the labour market and economy in each part of New Zealand.
The first step in lifting Māori outcomes in the labour market and economy is to understand their current position. The Māori profiles bring together a wide range of indicators which give the user a deep insight into where Māori are placed in the labour market and how this has changed over time.
Across a range of topics
The profiles can answer the following questions for any region in New Zealand:
- In which industries are Māori employed?
- Which industries have created the most number of new jobs for Māori?
- In which occupations are Māori employed?
- What proportion of Māori are employed in skilled jobs and how does this compare with the rest of the population?
- Which occupations have created the most number of jobs for Māori?
- What is the education attainment of Māori and how has it changed over time?
- What is the estimated Māori population and age profile?
For all parts of New Zealand
Māori profiles have been prepared for all territorial authorities and regions in New Zealand and can be tailored to customised regions to fit rohe.
Interactive web-based reporting
You don't need to be a data scientist to use our products
Our data visualisations turn complex data about regional economies and the position of Māori in them into useable information. The Māori profiles are therefore simple to use without compromising on detail.