For economics graduates with up to two years' experience, we offer the opportunity to develop your economic skills in a range of areas – from macroeconomic forecasting through to industry-specific forecasts and analysis, and consulting projects. We aim to develop your analytical skills, while offering you the chance to apply economic theory in a commercial environment.
Key attributes – you should:
- be passionate about economics
- have good time-management skills
- show initiative in your work
- have a taste for enterprise and responsibility
- be a capable writer who can communicate clearly with non-economists
- have accurate, swift, and intelligent quantitative abilities
- have a good knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
- have an ability to learn quickly.
If you're looking for a career as an economist then we'd like to hear from you. Send us your CV (including a copy of your grades) and a short letter explaining why you are pursuing a career in economics, and what you think you can offer a business such as Infometrics. We'll keep you posted on any opportunities that arise.
Part-time and summer work
We generally have at least one economics student working part-time with us, helping to maintain our database and web site, and assisting with consulting projects. It's a good opportunity for a student to develop their work skills, earn some money, and potentially work their way into a full-time job at the end of their studies.
We are looking for students who:
- are self-motivated
- have a willingness to take responsibility
- pay close attention to detail
- are familiar with Microsoft Excel and are able to pick up other applications quickly.
If you're studying economics and are interested in part-time or summer work then we'd like to hear from you. Send us your CV and a short letter explaining why you are studying economics (please indicate whether you're interested in part-time or seasonal work). We'll keep you posted on any opportunities that arise.
Contact Andrew Whiteford