Let's start at the very beginning
Infometrics might not always be perfect
- Infometrics data and commentary are provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis, and you use it at your sole risk.
- Infometrics provides data and commentary in good faith, but despite our best efforts the accuracy, relevancy and correctness of these are subject to variation, not least due to variations in data from third party sources. Forecast data may vary from actual results.
- We provide no warranty nor bear any liability with respect to the availability, correctness, accuracy, completeness or otherwise of the website and the data therein. We will not be liable for any damage or loss that may occur from using our website or acting upon the information it contains.
We use data from third parties
- Infometrics sources data from third parties, including Stats NZ, other government agencies, and private organisations. We make no representation of ownership over this data, with the copyright being retained by these organisations.
- The data from New Zealand government organisations, unless otherwise specified, is licensed for reuse under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International licence, including:
- Data from some organisations is provided to Infometrics under a direct private licence, including:
- Basemaps are copyright Mapbox and OpenStreetMap - you can help improve their maps.
- Infometrics owns the copyright in the way that we have modified, transformed and displayed data from third parties. Original data from Stats NZ can be downloaded from NZ.Stat, Infoshare and Datafinder. Original data from other organisations may be downloaded from their websites or by contacting them directly.
We retain ownership of our intellectual property
- This website is the copyright property of Infometrics Limited.
- Unless otherwise specified, all code, design, articles, charts and data are copyright by Infometrics.
- Photographs and other illustrative images, where otherwise not explicitly noted, are either Infometrics copyright or licensed to Infometrics directly or through a non-attribution open licence.
- "Infometrics" and the Infometrics logo are trademarks of Infometrics Limited.
How you can use our content
- For articles and commentary:
- You may publish quoted excerpts of text, provided that the author and Infometrics are clearly attributed.
- You may print full articles and commentary for private use.
- You may not republish entire articles and commentary without explicit prior permission from Infometrics.
- You may download and reuse or publish charts, infographics, reports, and the data behind tables and charts provided the following conditions are satisfied:
- You must include a clearly located attribution to Infometrics as the source.
- The Infometrics logo, if present, must not be removed.
- Multiple data series may not be combined together and published in a new database or dashboard without explicit prior permission from Infometrics.
- You may not download any Infometrics videos; they may only be viewed through the Infometrics website or our third party video hosting site.
We may change our website and our terms
- We may make changes to our websites - to add, modify or remove features or data - without notice.
This is a legal agreement