Quarterly Economic Monitor (QEM)
What is the Quarterly Economic Monitor?
Our quarterly economic monitor provides a focused, timely, finger-on-the-pulse insight into how your local economy has performed over the previous quarter with expert commentary from Infometrics’ regional economists and a range of economic indicators.
- Leading economic indicators: GDP, consumer spending, population and traffic flows
- Property market shifts: house values and sales numbers
- Industry trends: construction activity, tourist spending, dairy pay outs, and vehicle registrations
- Labour market dynamics: unemployment rate and benefit recipients
- Living standards: housing and rental affordability.
The Quarterly Economic Monitor is simple to use without compromising on detail. The Quarterly Economic Monitor is presented in an easy-to-use web-based interactive dashboard. Our data visualisations turn complex data into easily understood information. You don’t need to be a data expert or statistics genius to use our products. The Quarterly Economic Monitor is updated every three months with the latest data, and also includes an infographic, league tables that rank New Zealand areas, and a data download function.
How can the Quarterly Economic Monitor be used?
With the economic effects of COVID-19 unfolding at a breath-taking pace, getting timely updates on a range of economic indicators allows local decision makers, local businesses, and the public to better understand how their local economy is responding and adapting. The Quarterly Economic Monitor can be used to:
- Track, understand and anticipate trends in economic activity
- Monitor your economic development strategy by measuring key performance indicators
- Compare your region against comparator regions or the national average
You can also improve the flow of information to businesses and the general public, by making the Quarterly Economic Monitor available on your website.
How do I get access to the Quarterly Economic Monitor?
The Quarterly Economic Monitor is a subscription product and can be accessed via our online portal. Contact Brad Olsen, one of our economists, by clicking on the link below or calling us on (04) 909 7612 for a demonstration and an annual subscription price. We will set up a user agreement, and quickly provide you with login access to the Quarterly Economic Monitor. There is no limit to the number of people who can get login access to the Quarterly Economic Monitor from within your organisation.